Call us on 01869222331
If you want to know how to get broadband without a phone line, then there are two main options available in the UK. You either rely on the patchy mobile communications network or opt for a satellite connection instead. Is one better than the other? The short answer is that it depends on your needs. Mobile data is convenient if you move around a lot but there are drawbacks, such as:
- There may be no service where you are even if you switch network suppliers.
- You will often find that speed is limited and large downloads take forever.
- Your mobile data might be capped so you can't always do what you want online at the end of the month.
All of these factors will play a part in why you might not want to rely on mobile data communications. However, there is another major aspect of mobile data that you need to take into consideration. This is the cost.
All too often, mobile data packages are sold on a month-by-month basis and have extremely high price tags. Some offer only so much data per month and then the costs start to ramp up. People who are on pay-as-you-go data rates will often spend much more than they need to. On the other hand, satellite internet costs much less than you might think. In other words, you could make a big saving on your monthly costs by simply ditching your current mobile data package and shifting over to a new connection with Konnect. Of course, you may ask yourself, is satellite internet secure? The answer to this question is an emphatic yes with all of the industry-standard encryption you should expect. Consequently, there is nothing to hold you back from making the switch, especially if you live in a place where broadband speeds are traditionally poor.
Satellite Internet Prices Compared to Other Connections
Satellite broadband costs about the same as a standard connection that is made through your local telephone exchange. Of course, a direct comparison with wired broadband is not always possible because:
- Some internet service providers hide their installation costs within their monthly fees.
- There can be hidden charges for things like international phone calls made over a phone line that is also serving as a fixed-line broadband connection.
- Some so-called special offers mean the headline price you pay is not what you'll end up forking out for once the initial offer ends. Often, you'll be tied into a more expensive deal with penalty clauses for ending it early.
- Line rental fees may alter midway through your contract.
Overall, however, satellite internet pricing is more straightforward and compares favourably with even the best fibre-optic and telephone line broadband pricing. Compared to most mobile data packages, it is more favourable due to faster speeds, better connections and more generous data allowances on offer.
Read on to find out exactly how little satellite broadband costs.
A Breakdown of Konnect's Satellite Internet Prices
With no need for a line rental fee, Konnect's satellite internet costs are extremely attractive. There are three packages, designed for all households and their different demands. Each package comes with a professional satellite installation included. This way, you don't need to know how to connect to satellite internet and you can simply leave it to the experts.
Here are Konnect's two satellite internet pricing options in summary:
- Starter: £37.90 pcm – average download speeds of 20 Mbps – Wi-Fi router included.
- Lite: £47.90 pcm – average download speeds of 37 Mbps – Wi-Fi router included.
- Plus: Special offer at £47.90 pcm – average download speeds of 75 Mbps – Wi-Fi router included.
As you can see, that's a lot of speed for the money. Remember that this reliable service needs no phone line or local data mast nearby. It will work anywhere in the UK with direct communication to a satellite that is in orbit over the Earth.
What Other Factors Might Push Your Satellite Internet Cost Up?
Data usage is not capped with Konnect. This way, you won't get any nasty surprises with unexpected fees to pay because you have exceeded them. Your data allowance depends on the package you have chosen. If you exceed this, then the speed of your connection may be limited temporarily but you will always enjoy a broadband connection without having to pay for more. Data used between 1 am and 6 am does not count towards your allowance, either!
In fact, the only way your satellite internet costs might go up is because you are so impressed that you want to upgrade to a higher package, so subscribe now for a great connection!